[Lugor-public] LUGOR meets Thu June 18 7:30 pm @ Quimby's

D. Joe deejoe at etrumeus.com
Thu Jun 18 08:46:10 EDT 2015

It is once again time for our regular monthly in-person gathering for food,
drink, and discussion.  Sometimes also known as the LUGOR BeerSIG[1], in the
style of a Linux Stammtisch[2], this is our monthly get together where we
sit down together at our regular table and catch up with one another in
person.

 We meet 7:30pm at Quimby's.

Quimby's is in the Win-Jef Plaza at the southern end of Winton Road, just
north of Jefferson Road in Henrietta, on the west side of the street.

RSVP to lugor-discuss is welcome, but not required.[3]  (The staff at
Quimby's are expecting us--it's nice to let them know if we need to adjust
how much table room we'll require.)

(Consumption of beer not required for participation.  Offer invalid in some
areas.  See lugor-discuss for further details.[3])

== Linux Workshop ==

This month, the third Saturday is this coming Saturday, June 20 and the
regularly scheduled Linux Workshop will feature a special presentation,
details to follow.

>From the announcement on lugor-discuss:

The local IEEE chapter will be at the workshop and the there will be a
presentation "From Credit Card to Cloud in 30 Minutes".

>From the presenter, Jim Ziobro: "I will cover setting up your very own cloud
server running linux.  Dirt cheap: $1/month!"

The presentation starts at 12:30 and lunch will be provided so please
RSVP so we know how much to order.

Normal workshop details:
Linux Workshop
Sat, June 20, Noon-4PM

Interlock Rochester
1115 E Main St, Suite #200 (enter through door #7)
http://www.interlockroc.org/contact/

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Interest_Group
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stammtisch

--