[Lugor-public] Catching up

D. Joe deejoe at etrumeus.com
Thu Jan 21 17:24:10 EST 2016

For those not following our more-frequently updated but subscriber-only
mailing list, lugor-discuss, please rest assured that we have been sticking,
more or less, to our regular schedule of events.[0] These include the meetings
at Quimby's on the 3rd Thursday of each month and the Linux Workshops on 3rd
Saturdays at Interlock, with only one or two cancellations in recognition of
a holiday here or a special event there.

In the latter category, a few LUGOR regulars were at the 2nd annual
Rochester Mini Maker Faire, an all-day event at the Rochester Convention
Center Downtown.[1] Your correspondent was at the Interlock Rochester booth
and made regular mention of the Interlock-hosted Linux Workshop, for
instance, when talking to faire-goers who stopped by the table.[2]

Looking forward, a couple of events seem fit to mention, including
LibrePlanet, March 19-20 in Boston;[3] BSidesROC April 23 at RIT;[4] and
LinuxCon North America August 22 - 24 in Toronto.[5]

Also, we have yet to mention in this space a new space, a hackerspace,
"Rochester’s hackerspace for women": AdaSpace.  They've established a regular
series of business and hacking events.[6]

If you're in the area and can't make it to our night at Quimby's or to
workshop at Interlock, please consider subscribing to one of our other
mailing lists or dropping by the IRC channel #lugor on the freenode network.

[1] http://makerfairerochester.com/
[2] http://www.interlockroc.org
[3] https://www.libreplanet.org/2016/
[4] https://www.bsidesroc.com/